In the framework of the consultation process for the envisaged Communication on sport and the draft Sport Programme, Commissioner Vassiliou convened a group of high-level independent experts with proven experience in the area of sport and EU integration earlier this year, in order to obtain a report regarding strategic choices for the implementation of the new EU competence in the field of sport.
This report set out the objectives of its actions as follows:
– Identify priorities for the implementation of the EU’s new powers in the field of sport;
– Assess objectives and priorities identified by the European Commission and other partners in the course of the current consultation process;
– Identify a limited number of priority areas for an initial EU funding programme in the field of sport;
The Group held two meeting on 28 April 2010 and on 14 June 2010 and work out into 6 sport areas which are:
– Social and educational functions of sport.
– Sport structures, particularly in relation to voluntary activities.
– Fairness and openness in sport.
– Physical and moral integrity of sportspersons.
– Dialogue and cooperation with sport stakeholders.
– Sport programme.sportetcitoyennete