On Wednesday 30 March 2011 the EPP Group (The Group of the European People’s Party) Hearing on Sport will take place from 15:00 – 18:30.
At Brussels, in the European Parliament, 3 sessions will discuss 3 aspects of sport:
– Social dimensions of sport
– Dual career of sportsmen
– Professional Sport
This event is welcome by the chair Marco Scurria MEP, EPP Group CULT Coordinator. The introductory speech will be given by the European Commissioner Mrs Androulla Vasiliou and the closing remarks will be from the Spanish MEP Mr Santiago Fisas Ayxela, Rapporteur on Sport.
Speakers will be:
– Josef Müller, Director of a sport grammar school in Graz, Austria.
– Pat Daly, Gaelic Athletic Association, Ireland.
– Prof. Paul Wylleman, Professor at VUB Belgium and President of the European Federation of Sports Psychology.
– Pedro García Aguado, gold medal winner in water polo at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta and world champion in Perth ’98, currently a coach helping young troubled sportsmen.
– Ramon Alfonseda, ex Barcelona footballer and Chairman of EFPA.
– William Gaillard, Adviser to the UEFA President.
– Assist. Prof. Tadej Malovrh, Head of Anti-doping Commission at Athletic Federation of Slovenia,Member of National Anti-doping Commission, EAF Doping Control Delegate.
– Omar Ongaro, Head of Players’ Status and Governance – Deputy Director, Legal Affairs FIFA.
For each session a debate will be organized with participants.
Interpretation will be available in French, German, Italian, Dutch, English, Spanish and Slovenian.sportetcitoyennete