The think tank Sport and Citizenship will be a partner in this project.
ENGSO submitted a project proposal under the Erasmus+ Sport Programme in 2014 to promote equal opportunities, namely gender equality in coaching. The SCORE project focuses on increasing the number of employed and volunteer female coaches at all levels of sport as well as enhancing knowledge on gender equality in coach education.
The project is targeted at sports and coaching organisations at all levels, more specifically coaches, trainers, former athletes, volunteers and decision-makers in the field of coaching.
During the course of the project, an “awareness pack” will be developed with different tools targeted both to sports organisations and coaches to increase gender equality in coaching.
Another main element of the project is the development of a mentoring programme, educating future mentors for potential coaches in the countries of the partner organisations. Implementation will take place in the form of national training sessions. After the education, the mentors will assist potential female coaches in their respective countries in developing the mentees’ professional and personal growth.
The success of the project is guaranteed by an excellent project team, with the involvement of the following organisations:
- Sport Coach UK
- Finnish Coaches Association
- International Council of Coaching Excellence (ICCE)
- European Observatoire of Sport and Employment (EOSE)
- Think tank Sport and Citizenship
- European University Sports Association (EUSA)
- German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB)
- Swedish Sports Confederation (RF)
- National Olympic Committee of Croatia (NOC Croatia)
- Lithuanian Union of Sports Federations (LUSF)
- Cyprus Sports Organisation (CSO)
- Portuguese Sports Confederation (CDP)